2015 Harley-Davidson® VRSCDX Night Rod Special
Cortese Cycle Sales
Deep Jade Pearl
VRSCDX Night Rod Special
- Fastback Tail Section: The Night Rod® Special model's tail delivers even more drag-strip performance and attitude. The chopped down and aggressively tapered fender shows off that fat rear tire, while the slimmed down center plate mount and flush-mounted low-maintenance LED taillamp creates a streamlined impression that lasts.
- Fat Rear Tire: Behold the ultra-fat, 240mm rear tire for a powerful, no-nonsense look and added grip. Harnessing explosive, off-the-line power, the rear tire on the Night Rod® Special motorcycle enhances the pure dragster look with the sticky, high-performance tread you need for staying glued to the pavement.
- Low-Rise Handlebar: Grab the slammed blacked-out drag-style handlebar for an aggressive riding position—slightly forward and reminiscent of tearing up the racetrack, but easily within reach for plenty of riding comfort along with that attitude.
- Cast Aluminum Performance Wheel: When the rubber meets the road, it’s your wheels that make the difference. Inspired by performance sports car design, these split 5-spoke wheels flash heavy-weight attitude, but do it at a full 3 pounds lighter than earlier generation V-Rod® motorcycle wheels, which means you roll with tighter handling and smoother suspension response.
- Radiator Design: Every inch of a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle is created to sync up with the bike's overall look and performance. The Night Rod® Special motorcycle is no exception. As our very first liquid-cooled rides, we turned to styling to make sure the radiator on the V-Rod® models became part of the design instead of an interruption to the flow of the eye.
- Streamlined Front End: With its color-matched speedscreen pared down to bare performance minimum, its sleek headlamp and slotted-bracket sport fender, the Night Rod® Special motorcycle comes on strong with an aggressive race-inspired, power-first front profile.
- Blacked Out Look: Pitch black and sinister as hell, the Night Rod® Special model is aggressively styled from the front end to the back. Engine, wheels, forks, triple clamps, swingarm—they're all blacked out and thick with uncompromising, drag strip attitude.
- Double-Barrel Exhaust: The Night Rod® Special motorcycle proves that a performance exhaust can still be a beautiful set of pipes. The double-barrel exhaust features brushed finish dual mufflers, black end caps and exhaust shields. Performance and bold style erupt with every crack of the throttle.
- High Marks for Durability: The Harley-Davidson Revolution® engine is an extremely durable motorcycle engine. It survived the most brutal and aggressive durability test in the industry: the Dusseldorf Test. Simulating a grueling trip along Germany's notorious Autobahn, the engine endured a wide range of performance tests. From idle states to city speeds, to wide-open throttle and mountain climbing torque, the Revolution® engine surpassed the goal of 500 hours of non-stop punishing performance.
- Pure Harley-Davidson Styling: Feast your eyes on the Revolution® engine and there's no mistaking its roots. This is authentic Harley-Davidson style through and through with an attention to detail you won't find from any other motorcycle company. Deep black cylinders and rocker covers complete the dark look, while the machined cooling fin tips on the cylinder heads give it a stripped down, raw metal finish. It's a jewel machined out of metal. Pure. Dripping with power. From the classic edge of the cooling fins to the clean lines of cases and covers—the Revolution® engine makes an ironclad statement about holding on to what's right and staying true to what satisfies the rider.
- Revolution® Engine Heritage: From the Strip to the Street. Harley-Davidson has a passion for performance that is rooted in decades of racing and winning championships. So when The Motor Company set out to produce a high-powered, liquid-cooled engine, it began with the VR1000 superbike engine. Its performance is inspired by American-style big, powerful torque coupled with high-end horsepower. The Revolution® engine is the heart of a machine that attracts a breed of riders who are fascinated by the heritage and mystique of Harley-Davidson and the power of a high-end street performance motorcycle.
- Revolution® Engine Innovation: Through a partnership with legendary automaker Porsche and their world-renowned team of engineers, Harley-Davidson created a revolutionary engine. The final result was something uniquely Harley-Davidson, the industry's most perfect blend of torque and horsepower in the high revving V-Twin Revolution® engine. Fuel injection. Dual overhead cams. Liquid cooled. 125 horses. Massive, brute power behind pure Harley-Davidson innovation and style.
- Custom Power and Performance: Tuned to produce 125 horsepower the 1250cc Revolution® engine is Harley-Davidson's highest horsepower engine to this day. With dual overhead cams and four valves per cylinder, it provides 84 lb-ft of torque at 7000 rpm, while feeling refined and velvety smooth all the way up to the redline.
- H-D® Smart Security System (Optional): The factory-installed next-generation security system features a hands-free fob that automatically arms and disarms the vehicle's electronic security functions as you approach and walk away from the bike. Stick the fob on your ignition key ring and let it do all the work. It's this attention to detail and security that make Harley-Davidson® motorcycles unique.
- Inverted Forks: Grab on and feel the total command delivered by this precision-engineered front end assembly. The performance-tuned front end assembly features inverted forks and a low-angle rake that keep the Night Rod® Special motorcycle unsprung mass low and its turning tight, for a nimble and responsive ride at every speed.
- Michelin® Scorcher™ Tires: The Michelin® Scorcher™ tires provide the superior performance, sensational grip, impressive durability and excellent handling expected on a race-bred bike. The exclusive deep-cut tread design improves grip and water evacuation capability. Grip performance and durability is also enhanced by the tire's rubber compounds, which use the latest generation of Michelin synthetic polymers.
- "Slipper" Clutch: Taken from the racetrack to the world of custom. The Night Rod® Special motorcycle features a "slipper" (or "slip and assist") clutch that provides smoother, high-power handling in turns or whenever you downshift. By reducing clutch friction, the slipper clutch helps keep your rear wheel at a controlled clip.
- Brembo® Brakes with ABS: Increased confidence and control. High-performance Brembo® dual-disc brakes offer consistent stopping power on every leg of your journey. Plus, the Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) helps reduce the chance of wheel lock-up if you need to brake suddenly. And since we stylized the speed sensor, the bike maintains its clean, slick look. Performance without sacrificing style. That's what The Motor Company is all about.
- Two-up Bucket Saddle: Settle in and experience the confident connection you get from the deep rider bucket. We designed it to hold you close, low (25.6 inches) and in control, even when you throttle up fast. Just like all Harley-Davidson® seats, it's built with the premium material, custom stitching and the attention to detail that mark the work of motorcycle makers who’ve been putting their own seats in the saddle for over a hundred years.
- Enhanced Ergonomic Controls: Confidence is critical when you're performance riding. That's why we designed the Night Rod® Special model's control placement for comfortable access that doesn't compromise its aggressive stance. The handlebars and rider foot pegs are placed so you ride low and mean, but with the controls close and comfortably in reach.
- Length: 96.1 in. (2,440 mm)
- Seat Height, Laden: 25.6 in. (650 mm)
- Seat Height, Unladen: 26.6 in. (675 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 4.5 in. (115 mm)
- Rake (steering head) (deg): 34
- Trail: 5.6 in. (142 mm)
- Wheelbase: 67 in. (1,702mm)
- Tires, Front Specification: 120/70ZR-19 60W
- Tires, Rear Specification: 240/40R-18 79V
- Fuel Capacity: 5 gal. (18.9 L)
- Oil Capacity (w/filter): 5 qt. (4.7 L)
- Weight, As Shipped: 637 lb. (289 kg)
- Weight, In Running Order: 666 lb. (302 kg)
- Engine: Liquid-cooled, Revolution®, 60° V-Twin
- Bore: 4.13 in. (105 mm)
- Stroke: 2.835 in. (72 mm)
- Displacement: 76.1 cu.in. (1,247 cc)
- Compression Ratio: 11.5:1
- Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Primary Drive: Gear, 64/117 ratio
- Gear Ratios (overall) 1st: 11.752
- Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd: 7.897
- Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd: 6.322
- Gear Ratios (overall) 4th: 5.459
- Gear Ratios (overall) 5th: 4.899
- Exhaust: Straight-shot with brushed finish dual mufflers; black end caps and shield
- Wheels, Optional Style Type: Wheels, Optional Style Type Black, Split 5-Spoke Cast Aluminum w/ Machined Pinstripe Standard on Select Colors
- Wheels, Front Type: Black, Split 5-Spoke Cast Aluminum w/ Orange Pinstripe
- Wheels, Rear Type: Black, Split 5-Spoke Cast Aluminum w/ Orange Pinstripe
- Brakes, Caliper Type: 4-piston front and rear
- Engine Torque Testing Method: J1349
- Engine Torque: 83.4 ft-lb (113 Nm)
- Engine Torque (rpm): 6750
- Lean Angle, Right (deg.): 32
- Lean Angle, Left (deg.): 32
- Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy: 37 mpg (6.3 L/100 km)
- Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps: High beam, neutral, low oil pressure, turn signals, engine diagnostics, security system (optional), coolant temperature, low fuel warnings
- Gauges: Electronic speedometer with odometer, time-of-day clock on odometer, dual tripmeter, fuel gauge with low fuel warning light and countdown feature, low oil pressure indicator light, engine diagnostics readout, LED indicator lights, tachometer
- Engine Type
- Revolution®, 60 deg. V-Twin
- 76.1 cu.in. (1,247 cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 4.13 in. (105 mm) x 2.835 in. (72 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Front Brakes
- Rear Brakes
- Front Tire
- 120/70ZR-19 60W
- Rear Tire
- 240/40R-18 79V
- 67 in. (1,702mm)
- Seat Height
- Laden: 25.6 in. (650 mm); Unladen: 26.6 in. (675 mm)
- 34 deg.
- 5.6 in. (142 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5 gal. (18.9 L)
- 37 mpg (6.3 L/100 km)
- Dry Weight
- 637 lb. (289 kg)
- Standard: Analog
- Standard: Analog
- Standard: Digital
- Deep Jade Pearl, Superior Blue, Black Denim