2016 Harley-Davidson® FXDL Dyna Low Rider
Cortese Cycle Sales
Cosmic Blue Pearl
FXDL Dyna Low Rider
A favorite of asphalt addicts, traditionalists and anyone else who gets a load of its eye-popping custom style.
- It’s powerful just leaning on its side stand.: One look at the muscular Twin Cam™ 103 engine that feeds into the liquid curves of the big two-into-one exhaust is all it takes to see that the Low Rider® model is built to be ridden long, hard and often. That’s as it should be. For decades the Low Rider® name has been synonymous with riders who can’t get enough. Now it’s built for more miles than ever. With mid-mount controls. And adjustable seat and handlebars. Beefy dual disc front brakes. And more. Ready to get serious?
- Authentic Styling: The motorcycles in the Dyna family trace their roots to the original Harley-Davidson factory customs. Notice the powerful front ends, chromed steel details and tricked-out wheels. There isn’t an ounce of doubt that you’re looking at a rolling sculpture. But there’s something bigger at work here than a mere visual statement. These are motorcycles sprung from a long riding tradition, with a strong emphasis on the riding. Post-war bobbers. Rebellious 70s choppers. Motorcycles where the theme was riding hard and the only rule was nonconformity. The profile is long and low, built to show off plenty of muscle. The 45° V-Twin engine is the jewel at the center of the design. There is no denying the powerful message sent by such a machine. It says get in the saddle, fire up Big Twin engine, treat your ears to the most satisfying exhaust note in all of motorized transportation, then go wherever the road out of town takes you.
- Iconic Engine: There is something about the steady pulse of power from an air-cooled Twin Cam 103™ engine that works its way into a rider and won’t let go. Once you’ve experienced it you understand. Nothing else in the world of motorized transportation could be as satisfying. There are perfectly rational explanations for this. The lightweight piston design and refined delivery of power. The strong driveline and bulletproof internal parts. The way engine and Six-Speed Cruise Drive transmission work flawlessly together to carry you down the highway at a relaxed, easy-riding rpm. But rational explanations never go far enough. What you feel when the power of this engine pulls you down the road toward the vanishing point is the legacy of the Flathead, Knucklehead, Panhead, Shovelhead, Evolution, Twin Cam 88 and Twin Cam 96 engines that came before. It’s something no ordinary engine can deliver.
- Technology: You don’t see a lot of 21 century technology peeking through the clean old-school lines of the motorcycles in the Dyna family. That’s the point. Once the teams of engineers and industrial designers have finished building the systems that load these motorcycles up with modern function, the job is only half finished. The next step is to find smart ways to integrate it into the design without taking away from the styling cues. Take the anti-lock brakes that are either standard or available as a factory-installed option across the line. It’s one of the top ABS systems out there, and gives you the control you want in a modern motorcycle. But the real beauty is the way we streamlined the look of the hardware.
- Comfort: Journey back far enough in the factory custom history of the Dyna family and you get to the machine that started the whole thing off: a Harley-Davidson touring bike. Seriously, and that’s your first clue to the rider comfort that waits for you in the saddle of today’s Dyna motorcycle. That early touring machine featured a new kind of isolation mounting system for the engine. Which led to a series of innovative frame designs. And that brings us to the current Dyna frame and its two-point engine isolation mounting system. It makes sure the power of 103 cubic inches of Twin Cam 103™ engine gets to the pavement. But the vibrations don’t get to the rider. You’ll find the same dogged approach to rider comfort throughout every inch of every bike in the family. Handlebars designed to fight the fatigue of a long day in the wind. Foot pegs and controls that hit your boots exactly where they ought to. The look is hard as nails. That doesn’t mean the ride has to be.
- Wrinkle Black Console with Speedo and Tach: There’s a new wrinkle black console with a speedo and tach mounted on the Low Rider® motorcycle’s classic Fat Bob® tank. The look ties in with the wrinkle black paint on the powertrain and fender strut covers. And gives a nice, subtle contrast to the Vivid Black paint on the tank. Because there’s no such thing as too many shades of black.
- 2 Into 1 Exhaust: A new 2-into-1 exhaust that flows like liquid chrome adds some eye-popping custom style to the Low Rider® model. You'll also like what it does for your ears. It's tuned for a deep, rich rumble that no rider can ever get enough of.
- Two-Tone Paint (Optional): The Low Rider® model comes standard in deep, rich Vivid Black Harley-Davidson® paint. But you have the option to highlight its low profile with optional two-tone paint. Choose Billet Silver and Vivid Black or Deep Jade Pearl and Vivid Black. And see how low the Low Rider® motorcycle can go.
- True Custom Details: Here’s what your eyes discover on a journey over the Low Rider® motorcycle: A polished front end, wrinkle black and chrome powertrain, chrome-plated fender strut covers that give a nod to the past and feature wrinkle black cutouts that match the Low Rider® badging on the battery box cover. The headlight is capped off with a classically styled eyebrow that serves double duty as both the headlight and handlebar riser mount. Even the seat cover gets the custom treatment. It’s a perforated material that highlights the performance prowess at the heart of this great motorcycle.
- Premium Custom Style: From wheel to wheel, the all-new Low Rider® model is a low riding feast for the eyes, loaded with high-end finishes as it holds true to the heritage of all the Low Rider® motorcycles that have rolled down the streets of the world before it. From the '70s inspired seat to the chunky mag wheels to the true, sculpted beauty and finish on its 103 cubic inch V-Twin engine, this is premium Harley-Davidson custom style to the bone. So even though you’re riding low, you’re doing it in high style.
- Chunky Mag Wheels: The all-new Low Rider® motorcycle rolls straight out of hot rod street culture on chunky mag wheels. The look is true, pure American muscle. There’s no substitute for it anywhere in the world.
- Six-Speed Cruise Drive® Transmission: You want a ride that rumbles—not begs for mercy—when you lean on it a little. The Six-Speed Cruise Drive® transmission provides smooth, quiet shifting and reduces engine speed on the highway, so you get a better match between engine turnover and road speed. It's a rare ride when a bike responds like this, and a low growl goes a long way when you're opening up the road ahead.
- Pure Harley-Davidson Styling: Feast your eyes on the High Output Twin Cam 103™ Engine and there's no mistaking its roots. This is authentic Harley-Davidson style through and through with an attention to detail you won't find from any other motorcycle company. Black powder-coated heads and cylinders are highlighted by machined cooling fin tips and chrome rocker covers. It's a jewel machined out of metal. Pure. Dripping with power. From the classic edge of the cooling fins to the clean lines of cases and covers—the Twin Cam 103™ Engine makes an ironclad statement about holding on to what's right and staying true to what satisfies.
- High Output Twin Cam 103™ Engine: The knowledge of what makes an engine truly move a rider runs deep at The Motor Company, and it was put to good use when we created the Twin Cam 103™ Engine. We sweated bullets perfecting every cubic inch, pushing design and technology forward. And we did it all without compromising one bit of Harley-Davidson's unique styling. Evolved, yet carrying on the legacy of the Flathead, Knucklehead, Panhead, Shovelhead, Evolution® and Twin Cam 88® and Twin Cam 96® engines that came before. The performance and durability are a direct result of the untold miles logged on the V-Twin since 1909 and the proud heritage that comes from a century's worth of commitment to life on two wheels.
- Twin Cam 103™ Engine Innovation: Fire up the High Output Twin Cam 103™ Engine and feel the low-end torque unleashed. Thanks to the lightweight piston design, delivery of the added power is more refined than ever. Then put your foot on the shifter and feel how the engine and Six-Speed Cruise Drive® transmission were designed to work together. Six speeds. A strong driveline and strong internal parts. Low routine maintenance. And a low cruising rpm couldn't feel better.
- Twin Cam 103™ Engine Power: Live your ride to the power of 103. The air-cooled High Output Twin Cam 103™ Engine delivers more stump-pulling torque, while its Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection jetting gives crisp, lively throttle reaction. It’s a performance punch that you’ll appreciate when passing, climbing hills, or rolling with luggage packed or a passenger in back—all under that signature Motor Company rumble. And it comes at lower cruising rpm, so you ride more smoothly, with less engine vibration and better highway fuel economy.
- H-D® Smart Security System (Optional): The optional factory-installed next-generation security system features a hands-free fob that automatically arms and disarms the vehicle's electronic security functions as you approach and walk away from the bike. Stick the fob on your ignition key ring and let it do all the work. It's this attention to detail and security that make Harley-Davidson® motorcycles unique.
- Anti-Lock Brakes (Optional): This sophisticated, factory-installed ABS gives 'stopping power' a double meaning. You'll turn heads with clean, streamlined design. But more importantly, you get certainty in the saddle knowing your bike's going to behave when you need it.
- Perfect Fit Ergonomics: Whether you’re 5’1” or 6’1”, thanks to perfect fit ergonomics, you can dial the new Low Rider® motorcycle in to fit you like a motorcycle glove. We developed perfect fit through an innovative look at how riders fit on a motorcycle using both simulation and actual rider studies. The result is a unique handlebar riser that provides 2.4” of movement fore and aft and an innovative, yet simple, seat design, which allows you to select from two riding positions that offer an additional 1.5” of adjustment fore and aft. This is pure Harley-Davidson steel tailored to your body.
- Relocated Mid-Mount Controls: The Low Rider® model gives you the confidence-inspiring riding position that comes from mid-mount foot controls. Your feet are right where you want them to be, with an easy reach to the ground when it’s time to stop. Your knees ride naturally next to the tank for a good center of gravity and balance in the corners. And the controls have been positioned to give you easy access to the jiffy stand so there’s no fishing around with your foot when it’s time to dismount.
- Length: 92.3 in. (2,345 mm)
- Seat Height, Laden: 25.4 in. (660 mm)
- Seat Height, Unladen: 26.8 in. (680 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 4.1 in. (105 mm)
- Rake (steering head) (deg): 30.5
- Trail: 5.1 in. (128.3 mm)
- Wheelbase: 64.2 in. (1,630 mm)
- Tires, Front Specification: 100/90B19 57H
- Tires, Rear Specification: 160/70B17 73V
- Fuel Capacity: 4.7 gal. (17.8 L)
- Oil Capacity (w/filter): 3 qt. (2.8 L)
- Weight, As Shipped: 644 lb. (292 kg)
- Weight, In Running Order: 666 lb. (302 kg)
- Engine: High Output Air-cooled, Twin Cam 103™
- Bore: 3.87 in. (98.4 mm)
- Stroke: 4.374 in. (111.1 mm)
- Displacement: 103.1 cu in. (1,690 cc)
- Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
- Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Primary Drive: Chain, 34/46 ratio
- Gear Ratios (overall) 1st: 9.311
- Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd: 6.454
- Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd: 4.793
- Gear Ratios (overall) 4th: 3.882
- Gear Ratios (overall) 5th: 3.307
- Gear Ratios (overall) 6th: 2.79
- Exhaust: New 2-into-1 exhaust with a deep rumble
- Wheels, Front Type: Black, Split 5-Spoke Cast Aluminum
- Wheels, Rear Type: Black, Split 5-Spoke Cast Aluminum
- Brakes, Caliper Type: 4-piston fixed front, and 2-piston torque-free floating rear
- Wheels, Optional Style Type: Chrome Steel Laced
- Engine Torque Testing Method: J1349
- Engine Torque: 102 ft. lb. (138 Nm)
- Engine Torque (rpm): 3,500
- Lean Angle, Right (deg.): 29.5
- Lean Angle, Left (deg.): 30.5
- Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy: 42 mpg (5.6 l/100 km)
- Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps: High beam, directional light bar, neutral, low oil pressure, engine diagnostics, turn signals, security system (optional), 6-speed, low fuel warnings
- Gauges: Unique handlebar riser provides 2.4" of movement fore/aft while delivering a clean, custom look
NOTES:Recommended 91 octane or higher fuel (R+M)/2. Fuel Economy estimated from fuel economy tests on a sample motorcycle from the corresponding family conducted by Harley-Davidson under ideal laboratory conditions. Not all motorcycle models undergo fuel economy testing. Fuel economy and mileage may vary among motorcycle models within a family. Your mileage may vary depending on your personal riding habits, weather conditions, trip length, vehicle condition and vehicle configuration and other conditions. Break-in mileage may vary. Engine torque values shown are nominal. Performance may vary by country and region. Standard and optional fuel systems may vary by country. Standard and optional wheels may vary by country and region. North America security system includes immobilizer; outside North America the security system includes immobilizer and siren. Seat Height measurement reflects 180 lb. (81.7 kg) operator weight.
- Engine Type
- High Output Twin Cam 103™
- 103.1 cu in. (1,690 cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.87 in. (98.4 mm) x 4.374 in. (111.1 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Front Brakes
- 4-piston fixed
- Rear Brakes
- 2-piston torque-free floating
- Front Tire
- 100/90B19 57H
- Rear Tire
- 160/70B17 73V
- 64.2 in. (1,630 mm)
- Seat Height
- Laden: 25.4 in. (660 mm); Unladen: 26.8 in. (680 mm)
- 30.5 deg.
- 5.1 in. (128.3 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.7 gal. (17.8 L)
- 42 mpg (5.6 l/100 km)
- Dry Weight
- 644 lb. (292 kg)
- Vivid Black